Lightfoot & Wolfville produces handcrafted cool-climate wines from organic and biodynamic vineyards. Our aim is to celebrate the natural beauty and ocean-influenced terroir of Atlantic Canada.
Lightfoot & Wolfville is owned and operated by the Lightfoot family who have been farming in the Annapolis Valley for eight generations.
We believe great wine is grown by farmers and viticulturists respectful of the land’s particular gifts and energies. That managing a vineyard in harmony with nature allows for maximum expression of its unique individuality. And that minimal-intervention vinification from healthy, balanced fruit allows for the production of distinct wines and faithfully convey the purest sense of time and spirit of place.
Our commitment to regenerative agriculture practices is driven by a duty to protect and promote the vitality of our soils for future generations, and has led us to successfully pursue Organic certification by ECOCERT Canada and Biodynamic certification by Demeter Canada – a journey we have been committed to since we began diversifying our family farm by planting our first grapevines in 2009.
Thanks to this positioning, we are place in the rank of fine wine producers all over the world. We, as they do, recognize the tremendous impact that biodynamic viticulture has on the creation of quality wines. To be in the company of such outstanding wineries as Southbrook Vineyards (Canada), Maison Chapoutier (France), Benziger Family Winery (California), and others is worthy of celebration.
Our wine portfolio consists of 5 different and unique product lines:
1. ANCIENNE – consists of 3 still wines – A faithful, living record of our terroir – a tribute to those who cared for the land before us. Wines that help tell the story of our heritage through time-honoured methods.
2. Terroir Series – consists of 5 still wines – A collection of small-lot, single-varietal wines reflecting a strong sense of place and tidal influence. Wines that tell the story of our land, on coastline shaped by the highest tides in the world, alongside the Bay of Fundy UNESCO World Heritage site.
3. Lifestyle – consists of 4 still wines – Fresh, vibrant wines that express the Nova Scotian way of life – produced from blends of hybrid and vinifera grape varieties.
4. Sparkling – Charmat Method – consists of 2 sparkling – Nova Scotia’s cool, ocean-moderated growing environment provides the ideal conditions for expressive, aromatic sparkling wines.
5. Sparkling – Traditional Method – consists of 4 sparkling – World-class traditional method sparkling wines from the classic varieties – Chardonnay, Pinot Noir and Pinot Meunier – characterized by distinctive freshness, vibrancy and brilliance of flavour.