We are a true family company with the second generation already playing key roles. The founders, Cornelius and Henrica van Dyk immigrated to Canada from the Netherlands in 1954 and it was not long after, they noticed the wild blueberry thriving in this pristine Nova Scotia landscape. Soon they began buying such land and harvesting this wild crop. Some years later the significant health properties of wild blueberries became more widely known. The van Dyk’s set out to make a high quality, pure juice from this special but delicate berry so that customers could benefit from its health properties and great taste year round. A five year research partnership with the National Research Council and Agriculture & Agri-Food Canada led to our proprietary process that now allows van Dyk’s to produce a consistently high quality, pure wild blueberry juice that is shelf stable, delicious and most important retains the health properties of the fresh berry.
• The van Dyk family has been harvesting wild blueberries from fields and barons of south western Nova Scotia since 1961.
• Annual harvest now exceeds 700,000 Kgs
• Developed scientifically derived proprietary juice process in the late 1990’s
• Founded van Dyk Health Juice Products Ltd in 2000
• SQF2000 Certified Production Facility since 2010
From field to bottle, Van Dyk’s Health Juice Products Ltd. is a fully integrated family run business producing a high value, high quality health juice that is a perfect fit for a Premium Retailer of health and natural foods and supplements.